Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yes - We ARE still here!!!

Yes - I know it’s been a LLLLOOOONNNGGGG time since you all have heard from me. There have been soo many times I had such good intentions of posting - but either I never got to it or life got in the way. Let me see if I can do a quick summary of the past year.

Kaili has grown by leaps and bounds. Last August she started Jr. K and after the first day she had her backpack packed and ready to go to Kindergarten!!! Well that time has finally come. She will start in less than 3 weeks! WOW - where has the time gone??? It seems like just yesterday we were getting home from China and settling in - however, that was 4 years ago - again - really hard to believe. She has had a VERY successful year in Jr. K - even teaching me a little - like Pluto being a celestial body. I just hope she doesn’t get bored in Kindergarten. Not only does she look forward to starting Kindergarten, and riding to school with Mommy, but she will also start gymnastics just a week and a half after school starts. So, this fall looks like it will be a busy one for us - with some many new things for us.

Jeremy adn Rose moved back to the area last fall. Its been great having both grandsons closer. Yes, I said grandsonS. Mikah got a little brother last September. So, we have really enjoyed have both Mikah and Ethan closer. Not to mention Aunt KK has enjoyed having a play buddy.

As for Garrett, he is still in the area and doing well. He continues to enjoy cooking and running the kitchen of a local restaurant. He, too, had an exciting event over the past winter. He became engaged to a lovely young lady. As of right now, he and Amanda have set a wedding date in May 2011. We look forward to all the excitement that goes with planning that event!!!

That is a pretty quick summary of the past year. I will do my best to do better as we begin a new chapter in Kaili’s life. I will get some pictures posted soon - promise!!!!! However, a little someone is wanting some computer time, so I must go and set an example of sharing!!

1 comment:

MxGx said...

Waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and......................... lxmxgx